The corona pandemic has led to a lot of changes for everyone. As every person and business has become more aware of all of their actions, we at Fistral Beach Surf Hire & School have been working hard to implement extremely thorough procedures to protect our customers and staff.
What We Have Updated
Following advice from government guidelines and our National Governing Body, Surfing England, we wanted to let you know a little bit about a few of these changes.
All changes have been put in place to allow everyone to enjoy Fistral and the great outdoor environment which it provides, whilst remaining alert.
- One-way system
- At the surf hire and school we now have an entrance and exit. Whether you are hiring or on a lesson there is a one-way system in place. This also extends to the Centre itself where there is now a one-way system in operation.
- Screens have been installed at till area of the hire centre to keep customers and staff safe
- Staff protective equipment: there is a range of masks and gloves available to all staff
- Wetsuits & Accessories
- Customers are asked to place their used wetsuits in a bucket with a disinfectant solution, staff will then take the suits from here and clean them in another solution before the equipment is then removed from circulation for a minimum of 72 hours
- Boards & Beach Hire
- All boards are wiped down directly after their use, antibacterial wipes are also available to use before you take any items
- All leashes are disinfected after use
- Pre-booked: customers are encouraged to pre-book all hire equipment, this can be done online or over the phone
- Lessons are available in adherence to government guidelines. Currently we are able to offer private and group lessons with a maximum of 5 people to 1 instructor (social distancing must be adhered to)
- We have updated our lesson plans and safety measures to reflect social distancing
- When you are booking your lesson previous experience and conditions will all be taken in to consideration
- Changing Rooms
- Currently the government advice is that all changing areas are to remain shut, as such these are not currently available for anyone hiring or having a lesson
- Enrolment Forms
- These can all be completed online prior to your lesson
Around the Centre
- The toilets at Fistral are open
- The carpark at Fistral is open
- Fistral Beach Pasty Shack is open for takeaway deliciousness
- Stein’s Fistral is open for takeaway
- Around the site there is a one-way system in operation to ensure that everyone can respect one another’s space whilst visiting the beach
The beach and ocean is a hugely important to so many lives, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming everyone back to Fistral; at a responsible distance.
If you have any questions feel free to get in touch with us and we will do our best to answer them.