FISTRAL BEACH TERMS & CONDITIONS
By hiring equipment from Fistral Beach you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that you have understood and accepted these terms.
Booking & Eligibility
When booking a course, a contract is made when the booking is confirmed by Fistral Beach Surf School either in writing, email or verbally. When making a booking with Fistral Beach Surf School you are confirming that you have read, and agree with, these terms and conditions. Exceptions to these terms and conditions cannot be made for any reason.
Minimum age is 6 years old and all participants must be able to swim a minimum of 25 meters.
When booking a course, payment is taken by Fistral Beach Ltd who require 100% of the total course cost when booking and reserve the right to cancel a person’s place on the course if full payment is not received. The person making the booking accepts responsibility for payment for all participants in the booking and is responsible for ensuring that all other persons are aware of the terms and conditions.
Changing Your Booking/Cancellations
Any cancellations or changes you make to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received by Fistral Beach Surf School. Administration fees will be charged depending on the booking and payment methods. Refunds for cancellations are as follows:
- 4 weeks or more from Experience start date = full refund
- 2-4 weeks before Experience start date = 50% refund
- Less than 2 weeks to Experience start date = no refund. Fistral Beach Surf School will make every effort to arrange any changes requested after the booking has been confirmed, providing it is more than 21 days before the course start date. Any changes are subject to availability of course dates.In the case where your group size drops in numbers from the original booking we must receive notification of this in due time. If the changes are less than 21 days prior to the lesson you will be responsible for paying the full balance on the original booking.
Course Participation & Other Important Information
A medical declaration form must be filled in and completed before a person can take part in any course. Fistral Beach Surf School do not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to accurately complete the declaration form. No-one should participate in any of Fistral Beach Surf School’s activities if they are suffering from a heart condition or if they are pregnant. Parents or guardians must sign for participants who are under 18 years of age. In certain groups where applicable a group leader/guardian can sign. i.e. schools a teacher can sign on behalf of the group.
All participants must in no circumstances be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical abilities. All participants must agree to abide to all instructions and decisions that Fistral Beach Surf School and its instructors make. Participants will have the use of Fistral Beach Surf School equipment during their lessons who takes all reasonable measures to ensure the safety and good condition of their equipment, participants are responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment or which becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in their possession.
Fistral Beach Surf School does not seek to limit or exclude any liability for personal injury or loss of life which may occur as a result of its own negligence or that of its employees, officers or agents, however, Fistral Beach Surf School assumes no liability in respect of any personal injury, loss, damage, consequential loss or third party claims which occur through no fault of its own, its employees, officers or agents. All other liability or conditions implied by law are excluded to the fullest extent possible.
In the rare event that Fistral Beach Surf School considers conditions to be dangerous and unsuitable we will make all efforts to reschedule your lesson. If the conditions are too small to surf we can run flat day activity sessions combining some of the theory of surfing with technical waterwork. If you cannot make the rescheduled lesson a credit note will be issued which is valid for one year from the date of cancellation. If sea conditions are safe but there is no surf, school groups can then instead take part in flat day activities.
Fistral Beach Surf School’s guide to places to stay is intended only as a guide to assist booking accommodation. When booking accommodation packages Fistral Beach Surf School cannot be held responsible for any aspect of or problems arising from participant’s accommodation arrangements.
Brochure and Website Accuracy
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of Fistral Beach Surf School’s brochure and website it is intended only as a guide to the services it provides. Fistral Beach Surf School reserves the right to cancel or change course dates subject to notification of those persons booked onto the course.
Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into Fistral Beach Surf School’s database and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This information will not be forwarded to third parties. If you would prefer not to be used in any promotional materials please inform us in writing prior to your course.
The prices printed on this web site are valid at the time of publication. Fistral Beach Surf School reserve the right to increase or reduce any of the prices any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking.
Gift vouchers are non-refundable but can be transferred to different recipients, valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Participants that fail to show will be charged in full for the lesson, no exceptions.
It may not be exchanged or used to purchase items in the shop to the value of the voucher.
FISTRAL BEACH SURF HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Equipment hire requires a valid ID i.e. driver’s license, bank card/bank card swipe;
- Payment of equipment hire is made before using it;
- Any equipment must be returned without damages;
- Any damage/loss must be reported to Fistral Beach Surf Hire immediately and the Customer will be responsible for the damage/loss occurring. The Customer will be charged the value of the damage/loss.
- If by any chance the Customer does damage the equipment examples of damages such as; dents, chips and deep scratches could incur charges of £25.
- If equipment is lost or damaged beyond repair the Customer will be charged at replacement cost i.e. £260 + VAT for an some NSP surfboard’s.
- The Customer accepts all responsibility and liability for hire equipment which occurs during the course of their hire;
- If the Customer delivers the rented equipment after the time period of rental has expired the Customer will be charged the additional time;
- If the Customer returns the rented equipment before the rental time period has expired no refund is guaranteed;
- Failure to return rented equipment may be the subject of criminal complaint for theft against the practise of civil responsibility of the contract between the parties;
- Surfing can be inherently dangerous therefore by hiring the equipment the Customer acknowledges that they are exposed to certain risks which include but are not limited to physical hazards, unpredictable and sometimes dangerous surf and weather conditions and actions of other persons.